Student Visa

IBAE is partnered with International Center for Continuous Education (ICCE), a subsidy of International   Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). IBAE processes all their student visas through ICCE with the sponsor license being in the name of IIUM, which covers a one year student visa.

Our sponsor’s license means that we can enroll students who require a visa to study in IBAE MALAYSIA. To find out if you need a visa to study in the MALAYSIA, please email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you need a visa to study in the MALAYSIA, there are a number of options available to you:


IBAE will submit the approval of Student Pass (student visa) to new students prior to your departure from home. This will ease your entry to Malaysia.

If regulation in your country requires you to obtain a visa before leaving the country, kindly make such application at the nearest Malaysian Embassy / Consulate Office. Otherwise, you may proceed to Malaysia without a visa. However, a visa will be issued to you after your arrival in Malaysia. For Immigration clearance, you are required to produce the Immigration approval letter upon arrival



All students who have been offered to study in Malaysia are required to have a Student Pass approval before entering Malaysia. To process the application of a Student Pass, a student is required to submit

  • Personal bond form
  • 2 photocopies of all used pages of his/her passport
  • 2 passport-sized photographs
  • Photocopy of offer letter

Students who has previously applied/registered in any one of the institutions in Malaysia and possesses a Student Pass under that institution are required to get a letter of release from the said institution in order to cancel the Student Pass. Otherwise application for Student Pass under IBAE cannot be processed and thus will cause a delay in registration.


The application for visa is usually submitted to the Immigration Department in Shah Alam, Selangor and the processing period is about six to eight weeks from the day the International Office receives a student's document. Some applications have to be submitted to the Immigration Headquarter in Putrajaya and the processing period is longer and usually takes about two-three months. This is particularly so for students from Pakistan, Bangladesh and India who are above 25 years old.


Cholera vaccination is not required for travelers entering Malaysia. Visitor’s arriving from Yellow Fever Endemic Zones and other affected areas are required to present International Health Certificates showing Yellow Fever vaccination. This regulation does not apply to children below the age of one.


For further information on visa matters please contact:-
International Office
International British Academy for Education, Malaysia
Tel. No: +603-41317802

The above information is correct, to the best of our knowledge, at the time of publication.